Piedmont Interstate Fair
The Piedmont Interstate Fair will once again open our gates on October 11-16, 2022, to all of Spartanburg and surrounding counties for a week of thrill rides, delicious food, fun contests, beautiful exhibit halls, animals galore, and free musical entertainment every night.
The fair is a long standing family tradition shared by generations. Bring your family, bring your friends, and make memories! Our goal is for every visitor that comes through our gates to enjoy their visit!
American Pro Wrestling in the Commercial Building!
Where Ego's meet attitudes! See the local legends and any who choose to test their might here at the Fairgrounds! EVERY NIGHT IN THE COMMERCIAL BUILDING!! Bell rings at 7pm! Let's have a BRAWL! Brought to you by: American Pro Wrestling
Camp Carousel Petting Zoo & More
The petting zoo will be open every day of the fair during all fair hours. Please visit and bring your children and grandchildren to enjoy the great variety of animals! It's fun and educational! Brought to you by: Camp Carousel Petting Zoo & More
You know him as the "balloon guy" that strolls the midways, but this year he has his very own stage and show for you all! Be sure to check out his show, 2 times daily in the midway! But we are positive that he will tell you himself if he sees ya!
Wednesday at the fair is education day. Make plans to bring your group to view the exhibits, enjoy the entertainment, visit the petting zoo, and see the monkey.
Free admission from 10:00 am till 2:00 pm. Everyone must exit the fairgrounds by 3:00 pm so that the grounds, restrooms, and food court may be cleaned for the regular 4:00 pm reopening.
We would love to have every school in the county represented. Wonderful local free field trip that every child will enjoy!
Nick's Kids Show
Interactive show for kids of all ages, including singing, dancing and comedy.
Piedmont Perfect Car and Truck Show
Join us on Saturday, October 15th and show off your ride! Enter your ride by bringing it to the Main Gate before 12:00 noon. Judging begins at 1:00 pm with trophies and a $1200.00 CASH PRIZE being awarded at 2:00 pm. Sponsored by: Carolina Driveline Piedmont Perfect Entries receive free fair admission for driver and one guest at the Main gate on Saturday, October 15th.
Notices and Disclaimers
Height requirements and number of tickets necessary to ride will be displayed at each amusement ride. The South Carolina Rider Responsibility Law requires riders to obey all warnings and directions, and behave in a manner that will not cause or contribute to injuring themselves or others. Please be safe and act responsibly as you are having fun.
Help Us Keep The Fairgrounds Clean
Please place all trash in the trash cans located throughout the midway, food court, and animal barn areas. Please place all plastic bottles in the special recycle bins located throughout the midway. Remember plastic lasts forever in a landfill!
All parking is free during fair week. Handicapped parking will be clearly marked directly in front of the main entrance. Only concession workers may park through the infield gate. Workers must have a weekly permit to enter the infield gate, and must park to the right of the access road due to events that will be held on the infield.
Your safety is of the utmost importance to us! Please read and follow the safety tips below. Visit the farm animal barn and petting zoo, but remember to always wash your hands immediately afterwards! Eat all of the hamburgers, funnel cakes, candy apples, and cotton candy you can hold, but remember to always wash your hands first! Hand-washing stations are located throughout the fairgrounds for your convenience.
Due to uneven pavement, mechanical equipment, and high flying rides, please be mindful of your footwear. For your own protection, appropriate, closed toe shoes should be worn at all times on the fairgrounds.
Any injury received at the fair must be reported to the emergency medical personnel and the fair office before you leave the fairgrounds.
Below is a list of general rules concerning amusement rides that can make your day at the fair even safer:
- Keep your hands, arms, and legs inside the rides at all times.
- Use safety equipment such as seat belts, shoulder harnesses, or lap bars when provided.
- Stay in the ride until it comes to a complete stop.
- Read and abide by posted rules.
- Observe age, height, and weight restrictions.
- Follow instructions given by ride operator.
We want everyone to have a great time at the fair but remember to put safety first at all times. Please read and abide by all fair rules for the safety and enjoyment of all.
1. CLEAR BAG POLICY- To provide a safer environment for the public and significantly expedite entry into the Fair, The Piedmont Interstate Fair Association has implemented a Clear Bag policy this year that limits the size and type of bags that may be brought into the Fair. Exceptions to this policy will be made for all medically necessary items after proper inspection.
The Piedmont Interstate Fair strongly encourages patrons to not bring any type of bags, but patrons will be able to carry the following style and size bag, package, or container at the Fair.
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12" x 6" x 12."
- No buckles, grommets/hardware, décor, or logo's can be concealing any part of the bag. The bag literally must be all clear.
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziplock bag or similar).
- Small clutch bags, which cannot exceed 4.5" x 6.5" in size, with or without a handle or strap can be taken into the Fair with one of the clear plastic bags.
Prohibited items include, but are not limited to: purses larger than a clutch bag, coolers, briefcases, backpacks, fanny packs, cinch bags, luggage of any kind, computer bags and camera bags or any bag larger than the permissible size. Diapers bags, and strollers with under carriage storage are subject to inspection.
2. The hours of the midway and exhibits are shown on the schedule of events. However, the scheduled hours of operation may vary one hour earlier or one hour later at the discretion of the Fair officials.
3. RE-ENTRY TO THE FAIR is no longer permitted. No exceptions. Admission paid at gate is considered void once purchased and will not grant you re-entry into the Fair. We strongly suggest you take this into consideration when visiting. Patrons who choose to leave will need to pay admission at the gate to enter.
4. All midway vehicles, campers, etc. which are used as living quarters must be parked in the trailer park areas.
5. All vehicles—personal or delivery—must be off the midway one hour before the entrance gates open.
6. No animals will be permitted on the fairgrounds, except service dogs. Animals owned by midway personnel will only be allowed if they show an up-to-date rabies vaccination certificate, and must be kept in the trailer park area and must be on a leash. The Spartanburg County Animal Control Officers have the authority to remove loose dogs and/or cats.
7. No solicitation or sale of products in the exhibit areas, or passing out of literature not pertaining to exhibits will be allowed, except with prior permission from the Fair manager.
8. NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES are allowed on the fairgrounds.
9. NO SMOKING areas are strictly enforced.
10. The Piedmont Interstate Fair Association, its Board of Directors, officers, staff, community leaders, cooperating agencies, organizations, clubs and other individuals reserve the right to be held harmless and not responsible in any way in case of any damage, fire, or accident as to persons, lost articles, livestock, etc. entered and/or exhibits or any accidents that might occur to the general public while visiting on the grounds at any time during the Fair.
11. Neither the Piedmont Interstate Fair, nor any of its sponsors assume any responsibility or liability to any person, animal, or article on exhibit at any time while on fairgrounds property. This applies to exhibitors, vendors, and the public-at-large.
12. Drones of any size or style are NOT allowed on Fairgrounds property at any time for any purpose. These devices are a major safety hazard to our helicopter ride and mechanical amusement rides and have the potential to cause serious injuries and even death to individuals or groups. Drones can cause major disturbances to our visitors and vendors and violate personal space. Anyone not in compliance with this rule will be escorted from the fairgrounds and have their drone confiscated.
Lost and Found
Located in the fair office.
Lost Child Center
Located in the Spartanburg Police Department command post, adjacent to the front entrance. Remind your child to find a uniformed officer if he/she becomes separated from you. Fair personnel and police officers are ready at all times to assist a lost child.
Re-Entry to the Fair
Re-entry to the fair will not be permitted. Admission will be required at the front gate to enter.
The 2022 Piedmont Interstate Fair will be held Oct 11-16. Make plans now to be a part of the premier fall event in Spartanburg.
Any vendor or concessionaire wishing to participate in the 2022 fair should contact the fair office as soon as possible to secure your space.
We will be happy to assist you in any way possible.
Fill out the form, save it, and send it to us by email.