Piedmont Interstate Fair
The Piedmont Interstate Fair will once again open our gates on October 10-15, 2023, to all of Spartanburg and surrounding counties for a week of thrill rides, delicious food, fun contests, beautiful exhibit halls, animals galore, and free musical entertainment every night.
The fair is a long standing family tradition shared by generations. Bring your family, bring your friends, and make memories! Our goal is for every visitor that comes through our gates to enjoy their visit!
Camp Carousel Petting Zoo & More
The petting zoo will be open every day of the fair during all fair hours. Please visit and bring your children and grandchildren to enjoy the great variety of animals! It's fun and educational! Brought to you by: Camp Carousel Petting Zoo & More
Wednesday at the fair is education day. Make plans to bring your group to view the exhibits, enjoy the entertainment, visit the petting zoo, and see the monkey.
Free admission from 10:00 am till 2:00 pm. Everyone must exit the fairgrounds by 3:00 pm so that the grounds, restrooms, and food court may be cleaned for the regular 4:00 pm reopening.
We would love to have every school in the county represented. Wonderful local free field trip that every child will enjoy!
You know him as the "balloon guy" that strolls the midways, but this year he has his very own stage and show for you all! Be sure to check out his show, 2 times daily in the midway! But we are positive that he will tell you himself if he sees ya!
New this year, "Off To The Funny Farm" with Gene Cordova and Friends! Fast paced, hilarious & always family friendly. Gene incorporates ventriloquism (with fun Muppet style puppets that kid’s love), comedy magic and lots of audience participation! Make sure to check him out while you're at the Fair!!
Piedmont Perfect Car and Truck Show
Join us on Saturday, October 15th and show off your ride! Enter your ride by bringing it to the Main Gate before 12:00 noon. Judging begins at 1:00 pm with trophies and a $1200.00 CASH PRIZE being awarded at 2:00 pm. Sponsored by: Carolina Driveline Piedmont Perfect Entries receive free fair admission for driver and one guest at the Main gate on Saturday, October 14th.
Notices and Disclaimers
Height requirements and number of tickets necessary to ride will be displayed at each amusement ride. The South Carolina Rider Responsibility Law requires riders to obey all warnings and directions, and behave in a manner that will not cause or contribute to injuring themselves or others. Please be safe and act responsibly as you are having fun.
Help Us Keep The Fairgrounds Clean
Please place all trash in the trash cans located throughout the midway, food court, and animal barn areas. Please place all plastic bottles in the special recycle bins located throughout the midway. Remember plastic lasts forever in a landfill!
All parking is free during fair week. Handicapped parking will be clearly marked directly in front of the main entrance. Only concession workers may park through the infield gate. Workers must have a weekly permit to enter the infield gate, and must park to the right of the access road due to events that will be held on the infield.
Your safety is of the utmost importance to us! Please read and follow the safety tips below. Visit the farm animal barn and petting zoo, but remember to always wash your hands immediately afterwards! Eat all of the hamburgers, funnel cakes, candy apples, and cotton candy you can hold, but remember to always wash your hands first! Hand-washing stations are located throughout the fairgrounds for your convenience.
Due to uneven pavement, mechanical equipment, and high flying rides, please be mindful of your footwear. For your own protection, appropriate, closed toe shoes should be worn at all times on the fairgrounds.
Any injury received at the fair must be reported to the emergency medical personnel and the fair office before you leave the fairgrounds.
Below is a list of general rules concerning amusement rides that can make your day at the fair even safer:
- Keep your hands, arms, and legs inside the rides at all times.
- Use safety equipment such as seat belts, shoulder harnesses, or lap bars when provided.
- Stay in the ride until it comes to a complete stop.
- Read and abide by posted rules.
- Observe age, height, and weight restrictions.
- Follow instructions given by ride operator.
We want everyone to have a great time at the fair but remember to put safety first at all times. Please read and abide by all fair rules for the safety and enjoyment of all.
To protect everyone’s safety and security, we ask that all of our guests follow our rules and policies.
The Piedmont Interstate Fair is PRIVATE PROPERTY.
The Piedmont Interstate Fair reserves the right to search all packages, bags, strollers, clothing, cups, pocketbooks, briefcases, your person, and any other objects deemed to be a possible carrier of any prohibited item(s), destructive, or lethal device.
Weapons (Concealed Carry or Open Carried) are not allowed on the fairgrounds even if you are a Concealed Weapons Permit holder.
Persons wearing offensive or gang related clothing will not be allowed onto the fairgrounds.
The Piedmont Interstate Fair is under the jurisdiction of the Spartanburg Police Department and Spartanburg County Sheriff’s Office.
Code of Conduct
- Use proper trash and recycling receptacles.
- Appropriate attire required at all times (shirt and pants, shirt and skirt, or dress, and shoes).
- No alcoholic beverages permitted, including in parking lots.
- No backpacks.
- No concealed weapons (even by permit holders).
- No activities or behavior that could endanger or annoy others (skateboarding, roller blading, bicycling, radios, profanity).
- No outside food or beverages.
- No gang-related clothes, colors, signs, jewelry, or activities.
- No loitering, blocking storefronts, or walking groups that inconvenience others.
- No standing on chairs or benches.
- No pets, except service animals approved by the ADA, those leashed on the campgrounds, or those part of an authorized act or exhibit.
- No picketing, distributing handbills, soliciting, or petitioning without approval from fair management.
- No smoking or vaping in any buildings, Kiddieland, viewing stands, tents, livestock barns and surrounding areas, or any areas with no smoking signage.
1. CLEAR BAG POLICY- To provide a safer environment for the public and significantly expedite entry into the Fair, The Piedmont Interstate Fair Association has implemented a Clear Bag policy this year that limits the size and type of bags that may be brought into the Fair. Exceptions to this policy will be made for all medically necessary items after proper inspection.
The Piedmont Interstate Fair strongly encourages patrons to not bring any type of bags, but patrons will be able to carry the following style and size bag, package, or container at the Fair.
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12" x 6" x 12."
- No buckles, grommets/hardware, décor, or logo's can be concealing any part of the bag. The bag literally must be all clear.
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziplock bag or similar).
- Small clutch bags, which cannot exceed 4.5" x 6.5" in size, with or without a handle or strap can be taken into the Fair with one of the clear plastic bags.
Prohibited items include, but are not limited to: purses larger than a clutch bag, coolers, briefcases, backpacks, fanny packs, cinch bags, luggage of any kind, computer bags and camera bags or any bag larger than the permissible size. Diapers bags, and strollers with under carriage storage are subject to inspection.
2. In an effort to ensure the safety of our patrons, staff, and community, The Piedmont Interstate Fair Association will also implement the use of metal detectors and magnetometers.
3. No Weapons are permitted on Fairgrounds Property. This includes but is not limited to knives, guns etc. This includes concealed weapon permit holders. No Exceptions.
4. Youth Attendance Policy:
- The Piedmont Interstate Fair Association, Spartanburg Police Department, and Spartanburg County Sheriff’s Office are all devoted to ensuring an enjoyable fair experience for our patrons.
- All youth under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian to attend the Piedmont Interstate Fair.
- Identification may be required to verify the age of attendees.
- Any activity at the fair deemed inappropriate may result in ejection from the fair premises at the sole discretion of the fair staff and law enforcement.
Parents/ Guardians may be held liable for the actions of the youth they escort to the Fair. Criminal and Civil liability may include incarceration and/or monetary compensation.
5. The hours of the midway and exhibits are shown on the schedule of events. However, the scheduled hours of operation may vary one hour earlier or one hour later at the discretion of the Fair officials.
6. RE-ENTRY TO THE FAIR is no longer permitted. No exceptions. Admission paid at gate is considered void once purchased and will not grant you re-entry into the Fair. We strongly suggest you take this into consideration when visiting. Patrons who choose to leave will need to pay admission at the gate to enter.
7. No animals will be permitted on the fairgrounds, except service animals.
8. No solicitation or sale of products in the exhibit areas, or passing out of literature not pertaining to exhibits will be allowed, except with prior permission from the Fair manager.
9. NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES are allowed on the fairgrounds.
10. NO SMOKING areas are strictly enforced.
11. The Piedmont Interstate Fair Association, its Board of Directors, officers, staff, community leaders, cooperating agencies, organizations, clubs and other individuals reserve the right to be held harmless and not responsible in any way in case of any damage, fire, or accident as to persons, lost articles, livestock, etc. entered and/or exhibits or any accidents that might occur to the general public while visiting on the grounds at any time during the Fair.
12. Neither the Piedmont Interstate Fair, nor any of its sponsors assume any responsibility or liability to any person, animal, or article on exhibit at any time while on fairgrounds property. This applies to exhibitors, vendors, and the public-at-large.
13. Drones of any size or style are NOT allowed on Fairgrounds property at any time for any purpose. These devices are a major safety hazard to our helicopter ride and mechanical amusement rides and have the potential to cause serious injuries and even death to individuals or groups. Drones can cause major disturbances to our visitors and vendors and violate personal space. Anyone not in compliance with this rule will be escorted from the fairgrounds and have their drone confiscated.
14. No Hover boards, skate boards, bikes, roller blades, golf carts, scooters, or any other type of transportation are allowed on the Midway during hours of operation unless prior authorization has been given.
15. Anyone wearing clothing or jewelry or other personal items that fair management deems offensive or gang-related will not be allowed on the fairgrounds. Exceptions and challenges will be answered at the discretion of fair management.
16. No re-sale or public promotion of Fair tickets. All companies, organizations, and individuals are welcome to purchase tickets or ride wristbands. Only authorized firms are able to use fair tickets for sale or promotion to the public. Consignment or other purchase of tickets are available on the premise that they will be used by the individuals purchasing them, or for employees or immediate family members of companies and organizations purchasing them. If we find a violation with our ticket sales policy, we reserve the right to void all tickets purchased. All tickets, wristbands, and coupons become void after the last day of the fair.
17. Photo Policy (Attention Guests on the Fairgrounds)
Smile! Photo, video and audio may be taken for promotional purposes. By entering the Piedmont Interstate Fair, you consent, waive all rights to royalties and release the Piedmont Interstate Fair of any liability. You agree to your likeness used, published or reproduced in any and all media which can be used, now or in the future, for any purpose by or in connection with the Piedmont Interstate Fair, its sponsors, organizers and providers.
Lost and Found
Located in the fair office.
Lost Child Center
Located in the Spartanburg Police Department command post, adjacent to the front entrance. Remind your child to find a uniformed officer if he/she becomes separated from you. Fair personnel and police officers are ready at all times to assist a lost child.
Re-Entry to the Fair
Re-entry to the fair will not be permitted. Admission will be required at the front gate to enter.
The 2023 Piedmont Interstate Fair will be held Oct 10-15. Make plans now to be a part of the premier fall event in Spartanburg.
Any vendor or concessionaire wishing to participate in the 2023 fair should contact the fair office as soon as possible to secure your space.
We will be happy to assist you in any way possible.
Fill out the form, save it, and send it to us by email.